We made some lip balm today and a small amount of ingredients goes a long way! This is much cheaper than buying a small tin of lip balm at the store for $5 each and was fun to do!
- 2 tbsp cosmetic grade beeswax grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp shea butter
- 3-5 drops essential oil
- 1/2 tsp vitamin E
- Add first 3 ingredients to a mason jar and put into a pot of water. Melt.
- It's best to melt the beeswax into something you use specifically for making cosmetics (i.e. not your best pot because beeswax may not wash off)
- Remove from heat, add in essential oils and vitamin E.
- Pour into lip balm tubes or tins.
Share this Recipe