These crackers are great but slicing them does take time… You need mini loaf pans. It is possible to freeze the cooked loaves and slice/bake the crackers another time.
- 1 Cup Unbleached white flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup Raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, chopped or try walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Pumpking seeds roasted
- 1/4 Cup Sesame seeds
- 1/4 Cup Ground flax seed
- 1 Tbs fresh rosemary chopped (may substitute dried in a pinch)
- Grease 4 mini loaf pans with butter.
- Remove from loaf pans and let cool. (Emphasis on cool!)
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, salt and baking soda together. Then add the buttermilk, honey and brown sugar. Stir until mixed.
- Add the raisins, pecans, pumpking seeds, sesame seeds, flax seed and rosemary. Stir until just blended.
- Divide the batter into the 4 greased pans. Bake for 30 minutues or until lightly browned and springy to the touch.
- Slice the loaves as thinly as possible. Place the slices on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Reduce oven tempurature to 300ºF. Bake slices for about 10 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
Share this Recipe