I know I could eat all the carrots we have in the fridge right now but putting them in a cake is so much more fun!
I got this recipe from my Aunt Joan (who I think got it from a cookbook called: “Scotto Sunday Suppers & other Fabulous Feast Cookbook”)
It makes a very large cake so feel free to cut the recipe in half.
For the frosting, I just make a cream cheese frosting but you could do any sort of frosting.
- 8 eggs
- 3 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups flour You could sneak a bit of whole wheat or othey type of flour in here. Just make sure most of the flour is all-purpose
- 1 Cup Unsweetned Cocoa
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Power
- 4 Cups Grated Carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a standing mixer, beat the eggs & sugar on high speed until the mixture is pale yellow and tripled in volume. Gradually add the oil with the mixer running.
- Sift together the dry ingredients & stir into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Pour into two 10 inch cake pans. Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Frost the cake after it has cooled. It is fun to make a layer cake.
Share this Recipe