This recipe comes from my Aunt Joan. It’s very simple and always gets rave reviews!
It’s one of the few times I’ll break down and buy crushed pineapple from the store. Community Natural Foods sells organic crushed pineapple that is far superior to the regular old “Dole”!
Vital Greens makes cream cheese so I use that to make the icing. I have found organic icing sugar at Community Natural Foods as well or on Spud.
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 8 Oz Crushed pineapple Drained
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots Grated
- 2 Cups flour Mix in other flour with the all purpose!
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt I always use less...
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Cloves Ground
- 2 Tsp nutmeg
- Grease and flour an angle food cake pan, a bundt pan or a 9"x13" pan.
- Mix all ingredients together. Do not mix too much!
- Put in pan and bake at 350C for 40 to 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- When cool, ice with your favourite icing.
Share this Recipe