We often make a roast chicken using Country Lane Farm birds and they are delicious! So delicious that we save the bones and make our own chicken broth. Here’s a great soup recipe that uses chicken broth and carrots. I found this recipe on Simply Recipes.
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1.5 lbs Carrots peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cups white or yellow onions chopped
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3 large strips orange zest I omitted this
- chives, parsley, dill or fennel for garnish optional
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat and cook the onions and carrot, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not let the onions or carrots brown. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt over the carrots and onions as they cook.
- Add the stock and water and the ginger the strips of orange zest. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the carrots soften, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the strips of orange zest and discard. Working in small batches, pour the soup into a blender and purée until completely smooth.
- Garnish with chopped chives, parsley, or fennel fronds.
Share this Recipe