Continuing on our Queen of Green theme that we started in the spring, here’s a new initiative!
- Reduce packaging waste… everything from buying products with less packaging (cardboard, plastic wrap, etc.) to buying less processed food
- Buy used for your back to school supplies! Check out consignment clothes. Surf Kijiji or Craigslist for deals and save money too
- No plastic bottles: bring your own water bottles and avoid buying drinks from the vending machine
- Bring lunch in reusable containers
- Buy local – source out local producers for everything from food to pencil crayons
- DIY cosmetics, hand cream, lip balm, crafts like playdoh, etc. because it creates less waste and contains fewer toxins (browse this blog, there are lots of ideas! Or, just post a comment and we’ll help you out)
- Ride a bike or walk to school in good weather… (link to places to buy good used bikes), take the bus when the weather is bad
- Buy used books or e-books
- Reduce paper waste, buy recycled paper and think of creative zero-waste alternatives to cards on special occasions (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, birthdays)
- Talk to your friends about all your eco-friendly initiatives and encourage them to come up with creative solutions and share them too
And, if those aren’t enough tips, here’s more!