Making your own almond or other nut milk is ridiculously easy. Follow what we do!
A nut bag (available at places like Community Natural Foods) is very handy… Without a nut bag, use a very fine mesh.
- Soak nuts in water (in a large bowl) overnight. Make sure the nuts are fully immersed in water. Do not exceed 12 hours.
- Drain nuts
- Add nuts and 2 cups of fresh water to blender. Blend!
- Pour mixture into a nut bag over a bowl. Squeeze out the milk
- It is possible to blend the crushed nuts in the blender for a second time, but slightly less water
- Sweeten with your sweetener of choice! Add water if it's too thick.
Share this Recipe