After reading articles showing links between anti-perspirants and cancer, I decided I had to kick the habit… As much as I love my anti-perspirant, it had to go!
I have spent over two years trying to find an alternative solution. It has been a challenge… I sweat. I sweat a lot. Now, I can handle having sweaty armpits but my problem is that I went from being able to wear a dress shirt two or three times, to a single wear… That’s extra laundry, extra ironing, and unslighly stains on my shirts. 🙁
Products I have tried:
- Tom’s of Maine deoderant. It kinda works, but not really. It does not stop the moisture and I was reapplying 2 or 3 times a day… (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/362646/Tom%27s_of_Maine_Long_Lasting_Stick_Deodorant_-_Lemongrass/)
- Rocky Mountain Soap Liquid Crystal. I like this one a bit better than Tom’s but again, by about 2pm, I needed to reapply or change shirts. I still keep it around and I have one in my bag for the office. (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/372554/Rocky_Mountain_Soap_Company_NATURALLY_FRESH_LIQUID_CRYSTAL_DEODORANT/)
- Solid crystal. For me, this one was about the worst… While I am really happy about less packaging, etc it just wasn’t enough for me. I figure it’s what I’ll use when I’m in a hot climate and nothing you do will stop the sweat! They sell smaller travel size crystal’s that are great because I can share that one small crystal with my husband and it lasts for months. http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/59045/Crystal_Body_Deodorant_/
Newest and greatest product I found:
- Lush’s the Greeench! Who knew you could get a moisture soaking powder?! http://www.lush.ca/The-Greeench/03632,en_CA,pd.html?start=4&cgid=deodorants
- I’ve been using either Tom’s or the crystal first, then rubbing in the powder. While it’s a pain to apply, I am closer to my anti-perspirant bliss!
Apparently the best combination (according to Lush sales girls) is to first use the T’eo product, then apply the Greeench powder… They were sold out of T’eo when I was last at Lush (I tend to avoid mall’s these days so I may just order it online now that I’ve discovered it!). However, all of the sales girls who were in the store that day said they use a two prong approach to deoderants.
So, there you have it! Try out Greeench. It really is awesome.
My next to-do is to find some sort of make up brush to apply the powder as using my fingers has resulted in Greeench powder all over the bathroom counter… 😉
PS I was not able to fix the exact product on http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ but you can look up the other Lush products here: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/browse.php?brand_id=2715&&showmore=products&atatime=50 I was sad to see them rated orange… I usually try for green ratings.